Friday, June 11, 2010

Say something... and make it good.

Just in case no one has said anything nice to you today...


“Promise me you'll always remember:
You're braver than you believe,
And stronger than you seem,
And smarter than you think."
- AA Milne


Your turn. Go say something nice to someone.

Mucho Amore

Cat.

*****


Todays contributor is Cat. Cat resides in beautiful Sydney. You can read her delightful and profoundly frivolous ramblings at Oh, The Places You Will Go.

If you're interested in contributing to the TBG blog or being a part of the Youtube Channel (coming soon), make our day and email goaheadmaketheirday@gmail.com.

*****

PLEASE NOTE: TBG is not a spectator sport. This post is intended to spark something.

Read. Think. Discuss. Act.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cat!

Thanks for the wonderful words and the reminder! I do think that people tend to forget/overlook/underestimate themselves. And most times, we need reminding.

One of my favourite lines- and one I think is especially poignant- is from Max Ehrmann's Desiderata. He urges you to, "Be gentle with yourself".

I quote it all the time. I honestly believe that people forget to be kind towards themselves- more often than not, they're harder on themselves than anyone else.

What are some of the quotes/lines that inspire you? What would you tell someone? Why?

x ~risha

Holly Renee said...

Excellent quote! I have to constantly remind myself of this. In the mornings I wake up and say, "Holly you are amazing. I am here for you in whatever you need."

I think most of us are stronger, braver, and smarter than we give ourselves credit for. That's why it's so important to surround ourselves with great support.

I always tell people to treat themselves like they would a best friend. We often degrade ourselves in a way that we would never do to our friends.

Thanks for putting up this inspirational quote.

TbR said...

Today I said 'thank you' to a woman who moved her bag so I could get off the train without having to clamber over her. I don't normally say anything (because it's quite frankly unreasonable of her to have a suitcase on the train at rush hour) but I thought I would try it out. Unfortunately I underestimated the volume of my voice and accidentally bellowed my thanks in her face, scaring her more than anything. But it's a start - soon I'll have this being nice thing down to a tee. It is a great feeling when someone says something nice to you, and I'll remember the quote for the next time I'm in a mood!

Post a Comment